Monday, June 25, 2012

Ivy Girl

Ivy Girl
My Sister in law did individual posts on each of her kids and I felt inspired to do the same (or in other words, I copied her!). I haven't posted enough about this sweet angel. And I can tell you, she really is an angel.
Ivy is almost 9 months! I feel like this past month has flown by. 
She had her first real sickness a week ago and let me tell you, it was a rough week. I was certain that it was just teething because she is at that age. After two days of really high temperatures and lethargy I took her to the doctor. And of course, the doctor said it was a slight cold combined with teething. While there,  I had a feeling it was more than that. The pediatrician already knows about Ada and her reflux so I asked the doctor if she thought that Ivy could have a bladder infection. She didn't think so but said we could test her urine just in case. SOO, they put on this crazy plastic diaper thingy that catches urine (basically it is a little bag you tape to the' ahemm' parts and put her diaper over it). I was lucky that Ivy cooperated and peed in the plastic bag. Low and behold, there was bacteria in her urine. Not a bladder infection I guess, just bacteria, which was causing the high fever. We were able to get antibiotics that night (don't even get me started on the hell we went through to actually GET her medicine) and within 12 hours, her fever was pretty much gone (that was after her fever spiked to 104!). So it was a long week for us girls. She was a trooper though and spent a lot of time sleeping in my arms. 
Ivy is a growler. I tell you it is the funniest thing EVER!. Scott will walk into the room and she will smile really big and growl at him. She growls at Ada, she growls at everyone. I love it. She knows she is getting a reaction out of it so she continues growling. 
My favorite thing to do with Ivy is tickle her. Not tickle her to make her giggle and laugh (although I do love that and do it often) but the kind where she goes completely limp. I will be getting her ready for bed and once she knows she is close to nursing she starts to fuss and turn and twist all over the bed. To get her to calm down I just start slowly tickling her over her face, her tummy legs and arms and she goes completely still. It is so funny. She just looks at me and does not budge. Sometimes Ivy will be holding my arm and I feel like she is on the verge of twitching and squirming, especially when I see goosebumps form on her legs. 
Ivy is on the verge of crawling. Right now she sits and will lunge or bend in half to reach a toy just out of reach. She will also purposely fall over to get that toy. I think her first crawls are going to scooting backwards. 
I have Ivy on solid foods and while she was sick she barely at a thing. I decided to try saltines because those don't hurt your stomach or anything. Well now, she doesn't like baby food as much and loves crackers. Dangitt! She also loves the applesauce in the pouches. I like those too, much less mess. 
Ivy isn't a huge belly laugher. I would say she is more of a giggler. It is really cute and quiet. I love it. She is anything but a quiet baby though.
 Ivy LOVES Ada and I know she is so excited for the day to be able to run and play with her. I think Ada feels like the funniest little girl when she gets Ivy going. If I am trying to put Ivy to bed and Ada comes into the room, all cuddling stops instantaneously and Ivy whips around to see what Ada is doing. 
I love that Ivy is starting to understand things. She knows what kisses are. Scott will get home from work or she will be going to bed and he will ask her for a kiss. Ivy gets a cute smile on her face, leans in, opens her mouth and pretty much just licks Scott. But in her mind, it is a kiss. Super adorable. She doesn't kiss me as much. It is more hers and Scott's thing (or maybe I don't ask for as many kisses so it can be their thing. I'm such a good wife!) She will try and bite me (for fun). If she is in a giggly mood, she will lunge toward me and burrow her head into my neck and every once in awhile, I can tell the mouth is open and she is ready to clamp down on my neck. 
We just love our little Ivy so much and enjoy our time with her. I am still nursing (which is so crazy for me because Ada was done by 6 months) and I have a feeling she won't give up so easy! 
If you read this far, congrats. Enjoy the pictures below. 
 She loves looking at herself in the mirror. So vain!
 At one point, Ivy loved watermelon. She is kind of indifferent now.


Loves the water.
 Gotta love the bum


Love you little baby girl!


Ada's post will come soon

4 comments:

Emily said...

That is so sweet! I love getting to know her this way since I can't in person. Isaac used to growl too, I loved it!

Tiffany Feger said...

she's so cute! i was expecting her to look more like baby Ada, but she has her own look.
and good thing you asked the doctor to check her pee - you're a good mommy.
and that's cool that you're still nursing. what's your goal? tyler still nurses too. dylan only went 5 months.
miss you!

Lovell Family said...

So cute....I can't believe she's 9 months!! She's practically a toddler. We'll be out there to see you guys before we know it, I can't wait. I need to write Saige's post too!! it will be fun to see how similar/different Ada and Saige are.

Jennifer Lovell said...

Such a beautiful girl! I love her half-moon always-smiling eyes. It will be fun to see as she gets older all of the differences she has from her sister's personality. I'm glad she's feeling better now.