Monday, October 13, 2008

The Apartment

So, it's kinda cool at our place cause they will paint a wall, any wall in your place for free. It took Scott and I some time to figure out what color we wanted ,and when we finally did, it took them over two weeks to paint the wall. AND, we were very specific on what wall/color we wanted done. How is it that hard to confuse grand canyon (color) with green and the family room wall with the kitchen wall. I dunno either. We came home one day smelling paint, but couldnt figure out where the smell was coming from. I walked into the kitchen and they had painted the most RANDOM wall ever. I was a little ticked, but Scott and I ended up liking it. We still made them paint the wall we wanted though. So this first picture is a "before" decorations picture.

I have sworn off those kinds of shelves that I have on my wall! I don't know how many holes I ended up putting in our wall, just to get the shelf somewhat straight! AND, I couldnt even get it totally on the nail so it is somewhat slanted. Being the "nonperfectionist" that I am with that type of stuff, I let it be and moved on. Thanks Greg and Jessica for the picture of the temple. We love it!

The random wall in the kitchen that was painted

We LOVE our family/living room. It is very spacious and open. We have NO idea how to decorate it though. We have some new friends in the ward that loaned us a picture of Christ painted by Greg Olson. It will look really nice on our very empty wall.

Eventually this area will have curtains on the windows. But for now, blank walls...

13 comments:

Emily said...

it looks like a REALLY nice place you guys, i love it!! and i especially love that color, it's so pretty. the yellow-ish one i mean.

Lovell Family said...

Nice couches guys...really, your place looks great! We have you for christmas (I think) maybe we should get you some decorating stuff....hey, I always thought it was a skim board....which is it?

J Fo said...

Just wait for Christmas...we have a plan... ;-)

Chelsy said...

Linds...I wish I lived closer, it would be fun to help decorate (took me months to figure out what to do in our place,and I'm slowly still adding! We did finally get our matching loveseat, so it's getting there). Now I'm stuff on trying to figure out how to decorate our bedroom, as well as make room in our tiny office for the lovesac! ugh!

Mark said...

It's so fun to see inside your house and where you live! Maybe I'll have to do a post.
The shelf thing killed me!! I swear we're long lost soul mates. That is totally something I would do although now, Pete takes care of that stuff. He has special screws, a leveler, and everything! It takes about half the time!!Love ya!

Mark said...

p.s . i really like BOTH paint colors. Awesome two for one. That yellow color is what i want in my bedroom. When I have a real one!

Linds and Thad said...

I hate having blank walls that I can't decide what to fill with. We have lived in this apartment for 5 months now and still have not decorated the main wall above our couch in the family room.

Kristin said...

I love the random wall in the kitchen! It really makes a house a home doesn't it?!? Everything is coming together though...lookin cute!

Cynthia Lovell said...

I think it looks very nice!!!

Boquinha said...

Very cool apartment! We've bought ourselves really cool art posters from art.com to celebrate things like graduating college, grad school, med school, half-way marks, etc. and we use those 50% coupons at places like Michael's and JoAnn's to get them matted and framed. Our best find yet (deal-wise) is a big, matted and framed picture of Michelangelo's "The Creation of Adam" (close-up on the fingers touching) for like $19.99 at K-mart. I don't know if it was misticketed or what, but we love it.

cameron said...

looks like you have some great space there - SO FUN YOU CAN PAINT THE WALL...I WANT TO PAINT...WHAT IS THE COLOR EXACTLY...

katie said...

good job with the decorating! decorating is a fun, but endless process. i'm always trying to rework spaces too. be sure to post those curtains when they go up :)

katie said...

good job with the decorating! decorating is a fun, but endless process. i'm always trying to rework spaces too. be sure to post those curtains when they go up :)