Please excuse the nastiness of the hair and lack of make-up. This picture was taken tonight at 10:00 after we already worked out. I just thought that it was time to post another prego update.
34 weeks and what I am feeling now:
1. Pain. I think everything hurts. If I work out, even swim, I am walking around like an old person with arthritis (no offense to anyone that may be older and happens to have arthritis)
2. Tons of movement. I have been saying that I would much rather have a baby that is moving around than a baby that makes me worry cause she is not moving. Sometimes though, when she is up in my ribs, I wish she would settle down.
3. Slow. Sometimes I forget I am pregnant as I am trying to get up too fast or bend over only to be reminded of the ever growing belly that gets in the way. Even putting on my running shoes gets a little tricky. I have a lot of friends training right now for an upcoming race, and I have to admit that part of me is experiencing a touch of envy.
4. Forgetful. I know that it is part of pregnancy, but really...must I forget what I am trying to say mid sentence?
5. Excitement. I have to admit, for some reason, the month of July was panic month. All of these fears surfaced and I felt like it was a continual battle between my negative thoughts and what was real. Now, I just feel excitement. Excitement to be a mom, to see our daughter, for Scott to be a dad, to love and teach her.
6. Contractions? I am not completely sure if they have been contractions/braxtions hicks? But for sure things have been changing a lot. One morning I really thought that I might be starting early labor because I felt cramping for like a minute straight. But that was it. No more after that. Now I get tightness in my stomach, but nothing to be concerned about. At least I don't think.
7. Short of breath. It was sad...today I walk in the door and am trying to tell Scott something but was so winded. It took me a few tries to get it all out. This little baby is sucking the air right out of me. But it is all so worth it!
8. Reality. I am feeling the reality of how much our lives are going to change, but in a good way. I mean, I know that being a parent will have its many challanges and difficulties, but among those things, joy and fulfillment.
So, here is to 34 weeks and counting! We are secretly hoping (well I guess it is not a secret anymore) that baby will be born on 09-09-09 and be the 9th grandchild on both sides (so Lisa, don't have your girl before me!!). But the most important thing is that she will be healthy!