Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Little Day Trip

Well we have been back in Florida for a little over a week now. We decided that Ada would appreciate the animals at Busch Gardens a little more since she is older now, so we used our passes to go last Friday. I am not sure if it is the humidity OR her lack of interest in the animals, because she wasn't all that excited. Scott, on the other hand, was. We HAD to go to the Gorillas first thing, because we missed them last time we were here.
"What is this sticky air that I am breathing?"


Hey, what it would be like to be a gorilla at Busch Gardens? They lounge all day, eating the bugs off each others backs, while sitting by a beautiful waterfall and greenest of the green foliage.


Ada's first Merry -Go -Round. The sign said that babies had to be on the chair, but I was hoping that I could talk the worker into letting Ada and I sit on a horse. He would not allow it. Sniff


The Sesame Street show. Too bad just before we sat down, there was a HUGE down pour and we were stuck in this pavilion for over half an hour with nothin to do but sing songs to Ada.




I am only sure of one of the characters I saw, which was Grover. I need to learn these things





Ada grabbed on to my arm and held on tight when we first walked on stage. Talk about Stranger Anxiety.



This is what we looked like after running to the car. We were thinking that the rain was not going to let up, so made a run for it. I am not going to lie, I kind of enjoyed charging through the puddles and such. Scott on the other hand did not and Ada was pretty much oblivious to it all. She had cover from her stroller at least.











8 comments:

Lovell Family said...

come on...that's abbie kadabbie...no idea how to spell it! The weather is just like ohio...looks sticky!

Jennifer Lyn said...

So much fun! Don't you just love humidity?

Jaynan said...

ah, so fun! I sooooo miss Florida, and Busch Gardens, and the downpours! enjoy it all for me please!!

Emily said...

I like running through rain. It rained here on Monday so Noah and I braved it on the way out of Target. 5 seconds after everyone was buckled it stopped, but why wait until it stops? Rain is fun. Zoe loved it.

Cynthia Lovell said...

You can Have the Sticky!!! I DON'T Miss that at ALL!!!
But I DO like Busch Gardens! Looks like a Fun day!

colin and brooke thompson said...

the rain looks fun!!!

Jennifer Lovell said...

Don't worry Lindsay, it will be no time at all before you know more of the Sesame Street names. Although, kudos to Lisa--I thought that was Zoe, didn't know it was Abbie Kadabbie. Oh well! (Maybe Zoe is blue?) Anyway...I'm glad you had fun at Busch Gardens, I've never been there. Looks like a great day trip, rain & puddles and all!

J Fo said...

You guys are tough to brave the rain! I think I would have bee a goner; I melt in rain. :)