Thursday, May 26, 2011

And He Graduates!

Three years went by really fast! When we drove into Florida and I saw where we would be living, I actually got tears in my eyes. I thought for sure we had made a huge mistake. The apartment was still dirty, there were strip malls everywhere and the humidity was suffocating. I was already counting down the days when this little "adventure" would be coming to an end. However, little by little we began to slowly fall in love with MOST of Florida. We started to enjoy the perfect size of our apartment (Even if we didn't love the types of people that were attracted there), the winter weather was amazing, beaches were a mere 10 minute drive from our house, the campus was beautiful and so close for Scott, and there was awesome wildlife all around us. Before we knew it, our parents were in town, helping us pack, taking us out to dinner's, exploring the areas and attending Scott's graduation. It blows me away how fast everything went. I am so proud of Scott. He worked hard. He did really well and graduated (hopefully) in the top 25%. We are still waiting on that last dang professor to post grades. Anyway, it is still hard to believe that graduation has already come and gone and we are slowly getting settled in Orangevale. Anyway, here are some pictures from the big day. Poor, poor Ada. First off, she doesn't do well in the heat. She becomes all lethargic when it is too hot/humid outside and sweats like nobodies business. Luckily, there were extra hands to help keep her entertained during the 2 hr ceremony. She loved exploring and smelling the flowers.


Ada smelling the flowers





Scott accepting his diploma. I felt so bad for all of the graduates. Not only were most of them wearing nice clothes, but they all had the extra layers of the robes. Poor Scott was dying by the time everything was over, it was just really hot.







Oh yeah, you probably have not seen a picture of Scott for awhile. He became the bearded man for the last semester pretty much. I grew to really like the facial hair,but we said good bye the Sunday he got back. It was time for it to go. I forgot how much I love his clean shaven look. Ada was on the verge of meltdown during the photos and Scott was practically suffering from heat stroke, so we opted out taking too many







The whole gang











Our little family. You can see the far-away look in Ada'a eyes. Her bed was calling out to her





I am so grateful for Scott and how hard he worked these past 3 years. Looking back, there are a few things that I wish I would not have said or pushed for him to do or not to do, but I guess you can't really take things back. He showed me time and time again that I don't need to "nag," that he would take care of things. The man just does not get stressed out!! I think once, at the end of the semester, when finals were coming up, he was working and had a semi involved calling, he said that he was feeling a little unsettled, that he wasn't sure if he had felt that before. I told him it was stress! Anyway, thank you Scott for taking care of us and working hard. We had a great three years and are excited for or next adventures!












9 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

I'm sure it's bittersweet to have him done with school already. Now, off to new adventures. We've been praying things come together for you guys!

OramHouse said...

congratulations! Good luck to him on the bar!

Kristin said...

So amazing how time passes so fast! Congratulations SCOTT!!!!!

Emily said...

I was so surprised when Scott walked into our apartment with that beard! So unexpected. Also, I felt so bad for him. It's still FREEZING here (like barely gets above 50*) and he was so cold. I had to get him a blanket while we watched shows! I guess he got used to the heat and humidity.

Congratulations to your whole family, that is a huge milestone in your lives. I can't wait for more adventures to come your way.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching this milestone, and best wishes for awesomeness in the future!

Love you guys!

Steve said...

Congrats Chad...I mean Scott. Good luck on the bar.

Vivian said...

Beautiful day, beautiful campus, beautiful family. It was great to be there to share it with you.
Scott's to do list:
1. Gradulation...check
2. Move back to CA...check
3. Bar exam
4. Job

Jennifer Lovell said...

Hooray for graduation!! I'm so happy for you. Thanks for the post, I really enjoyed reading about your graduation day.

Jaynan said...

congratulations scott! and to you lindsay too--it's hard to be a single mommy while hubbies are in school... Hope things continue to go well for you. We sure miss you guys...