Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cinnamon Roll Parties are BACK!!


My sister Julie and I used to host Cinnamon Roll parties. We would have to get up three hours before the morning party to prep and start the dough. Now, I was there more for moral support because I was afraid of messing up the dough. Sometimes I would help put the brown sugar and cinnamon on, mind you with Julie's supervision. So, Scott and I had stake conference a couple of weeks ago and I thought to myself, "Cinnamon Roll party." We know some of our neighbors so I thought it would be fun to invite them over for the little celebration. And nobody know what to do with themselves when stake conference starts at 2:00 in the afternoon. Oh yeah, and DUH, it was Easter Sunday. So we just wanted to have a little extra fun!I was so proud how these were turning out. I had to call my sister during the whole process to make sure that I was doing things right. I had Scott help pour the butter on the dough and sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on. Oh Yeah, and he helped me roll the rolls. Good job Scott, you make me proud!

This is what the mass looked like before we rolled them. Looks pretty good huh?
Here are the cinnamon rolls rolled and ready to rise for another hour. Making cinnamon rolls from scratch is such a long process because you have to wait for the dough to rise at two different times.

The finished product. Now, I know that they look to die for, BUT...there were a couple of things that went wrog during the process. 1. When I used to help my sister sprinkle on the brown sugar and cinnamon, she would tell me to load it on. That is what Scott and I did with ours, but, we overloaded, making for VERY sweet cinnamon rolls. 2. I was paranoid that the middle was going to be too gooey, so I kept them in longer than they should have been so they were a little dry and 3. When making the frosting, it was too thin when I put the first of it on so it kind of just sunk to the bottom of the pan. I realized I didnt put enough powdered sugar in them. Once I got more sugar added, it thickend up the frosting and made a huge difference. Once the party was over (which was really fun), Scott and I rated the sucess of the cinnamon rolls. I think the overall rating we decided on was about a 7 out of ten. Not too bad for the first time. I know what to do different next time!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud sister! I too had a cinnamon roll party, and I think I forgot some of my tricks! Also, take advantage of the first year of being married, I could never get brian to move our mattress into the family room for a sleepover. I think he would say let's bring the laptop to the bed instead. So fun!
p.s. we're excited to see where you guys end up for school too!

Emily said...

yum.

Scott said...

Lindsay, you can't respond to this comment unless others do first.

Does anyone else think that Lindsay looks like she's 12 or 14 here?

Lisa K said...

Thanks for the invite to the party Linds.

Lindsay said...

Lisa...It was for stake conference! You would have been in church and you forgot to answer Scott's question...Now I can't comment yet.

Chelsy said...

Well, since Lindsay asked me to comment I will (I am now assuming it is so she can repond to Scott)...at first I thought she was being a little wierd about the cinnamon rolls! haha.

Scott...having known Lindsay for a long time, and remembering what she actually looked like at 12 and 14...I have to say "NO...she looks like an early 20's aged girl who has her hair pulled back to make food." :o)

K...ready Lindsay...GO!

Lindsay said...

Haha...awesome Chels!! That is what I thought as well! Whenever I go swimming and my hair gets all slicked back and wet, my brother John would tell me I looked like I was in 8th grade again. Anyone that knew me back then, would know that those days were the "uglies" so I agree with Chels. I think I look like I did when I was late teens early 20's. Or...28!?

katie said...

looking young is a good thing! those rolls look and i'm sure tasted amazing!

TraciP said...

Looks good! I think you should make some for the next book club!