Saturday, November 28, 2009

Michigan


I was supposed to compete in a pretty intense relay race a couple of weeks ago. I would be leaving Ada for two full days, and running, with a team of 12, over 100 miles. Scott and I signed up for AND paid for this race while I was still prego. Little did I know the anxiety it would cause me. I thought for sure I would be okay to leave Ada with our good friends. I would just pump when I needed to, and that was that. However, just weeks before the race, I realized that not only was I physically not ready to run longer than 2 miles at a time, but I was not emotionally ready to be away from Ada for that long. I was talking to my sister about it, and it so happened that the same weekend of the Ragnar, her hubby was going out of town. So, it worked out perfectly. I dropped out of the race, found a replacement (of course with the help of the other racers), and headed to Michigan (Scott dropped out too. He was not about to spend two full days without me with a bunch of other women!).

My awesome and adorable niece, Anna. Poor thing had to put of with two crying babies whenever we got in the car. She was right in between Lukie and Ada. The babies would build off of each other. One would start crying and the other would shortly follow the other's lead.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Well, for me, it was going to the Midnight showing of New Moon. Juls and I had an absolute blast, and our babies did amazingly (Brian watched them for us), but getting home after 3 meant my baby would be hungry, which she was, so I didn't get to bed until after 4. The next day was long and it's not like you can just go take a nap whenever you feel like it. So worth it though!

Diet Coke was a must and the popcorn was just a want. I ate almost all of the popcorn by myself (It was a large).

Juls brought along some of her friends. I had a good time getting to know them a little.
Overall I was pleased with the movie, however, there were the most annoying girls sitting next to me. They were obviously not New Moon lovers and would laugh and snicker during any part of the movie. At one point I said rather loudly, "What was so funny about that!?" My sister nudged me and I later thought I should be careful what comes out of my mouth. I don't think fighting is something I should be participating in!
Anna and Ada. You can imagine how many times we called the girls the wrong names!

Lukie! He is such a tank!

Juls and Brian spoiled me rotten. They took me to all of their favorite restaurants. We even sat right next to Clive Owen. Actually, let me change that around. He sat next to us. Of course we did not talk to him though.



Lukie trying out the sling.

Juls and I really wanted to work on some projects (crafts and stuff) and Anna would ask if she could work on a project too! She is great at coloring.

Julie let me sleep in her bed so I could have Ada right there with me. One night Anna came in the room cause she had a bad dream, and was confused cause I was in her parents bed and they were not. I told her to jump in with me and later learned, the hard way, that she sleeps all over the place. At one point her legs were over the top of mine. Needless to say, I did not sleep the best that night! I didn't mind though.

Ada struggled while in Michigan. She was so gassy and uncomfortable that I found myself holding her for most of the time. At one inconsolable time, I stripped her down and put her in the bath. She calmed down and enjoyed the warm water.

Juls with my Ada and her kids.


All Juls wanted to do was snuggle withCheck Spelling Ada but she would not have it. She was so fussy that Juls got her in increments. Oh well, we still have Christmas.

Thanks again for the awesome time Juls and Brian. I had a blast. See ya soon!

10 comments:

Cynthia Lovell said...

LOVE the post!!!! The pictures are DARLING!!!! You girls look so CUTE together with your little ones!!! LOVE IT ALL!!!!

Cynthia Lovell said...

I meant to ask, are Ada's eyes going to be blue? I can't tell, but they seem to have a blue hue around the outside.

J Fo said...

How nice to be able to do that! Sisters are great, aren't they?! Ada is just beautiful! I am super excite to finally be able to meet her in a few weeks. Yay for Christmas!

Emily said...

You're a traveling fiend! It looks like a really fun trip--especially sitting by Clive Owen. Awesome. Sorry about the fussy baby, that is NO fun.

Lisa K said...

How fun to get to be together!!

ericjsmom said...

I bet you sisters had an awesome time together. I know I do when I am with my sisters. All the pictures of the babies are so dang cute, and Anna too!! I'll have you know I did midnight New Moon as well. Then, yes, needed a little caffeine to get me through work the next day. So glad you girls got to do a fun weekend together.
Love ya, Ann

Jennifer Lyn said...

That looks like such a fun vacation! You guys are gorgeous!!! And your kids are adorable. I would love to see Ada. Maybe we can meet up over Christmas break. We are staying in CA for Christmas.

Mark said...

That would have been so fun to join you guys!!! Even though I am not a twilight fan. i know...kill me. glad you had fun. i miss you girls! someday we need to take a trip!
jen

James & Kathy said...

Linds,
I'm loving you with your stripped shirt and curly short hair. You look so gorgeous in that sling picture with Ada. She is darling... and yes, she is long because she fills that bouncing chair already! What a difference 5 weeks makes!
Kathy

cameron said...

soooooooooooooooooo fun!!!!!