Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012

I can't believe how fast this Christmas Season flew by. We had so much fun spending time with our family, making yummy goodies, celebrating our fifth anniversary and watching our girls open their presents (well, Ada anyway. Ivy was not quite sure what was going on).
December started off with a fun breakfast with Santa at the church. The people in charge made a really yummy breakfast for the kids, had the movie Rudolph on (The old school one) and last but not least, Santa. Ada was very adamant that she does not sit on Santa's lap. She told us that she would just STAND next to him. I tired to convince her that it was okay, but she would not budge. When Santa tried to put her on his lap, she went limp and slid right back down to the ground. Maybe it's a good thing, right? Maybe she will be the same way around all strangers.
 Waiting in line for Santa
 Not sure what to think of this guy
 Every year, there is a little neighborhood that goes all out on Christmas lights and decor. It is so magical and the girls loved it. We went twice this year. 


 We tried, but failed, to get everyone looking at the same time.
 Love Ivy's chubby cheeks

 Ada and I made goody plates and I gave her the sugar cookies that were a little burned or broken. She loved covering them in sprinkles and frosting. I let her eat hers, one of them anyway
 Ada's best buddy moved to Chicago this past fall and we have missed them so much. They came home for Christmas and the girls picked up where they left off. We attempted to make Graham Cracker houses, but they enjoyed snacking on the candy more than decorating. Well at least Ada did

 We made the mistake of waiting until Christmas Eve to wrap gifts. Not a good idea. Wrapping presents takes a long time. Next year things will be done differently.
 So, Ivy loves stuffed animals so we gave her, er, I mean Santa gave her a huge stuffed monkey. She saw it immediately and started freaking out. We could barely get her to stay still long enough for the picture
 Loving her monkey
 Ada loved opening up her gifts. Some she wasn't as excited once she saw what was inside
 Helping grandpa open his present

Scott loves games and I feel so bad because he has been talking about Risk for so long. We have a vintage game collection and Risk comes in the same packaging. When I was Christmas shopping, I had the game in my hand, but decided it was more than I wanted to spend and put it back. When we went back to buy it, it was sold out! Sorry Scott (Or maybe I put it back because I would actually have to play it if I bought it. Wink, wink)



 Ada got a Merida costume (Brave) and still hasn't tried it on. She is funny about anything that might be the tinniest bit scratchy. Just like her mom
 My favorite gift that Ivy got. A Y Bike. She loves it. She rides it outside, inside, and it helps with her balance as she masters the art of walking. Her cousin who is a few months older than her has one and he zooms all over the place on his. I see Ivy doing the same thing in the months to come. 
I am sad that Christmas is over, but excited for the New Year. Thanks to everyone who made this Holiday season so amazing and special! 


2 comments:

Lovell Family said...

Love your anniversary post and this one! I'm supposed to be updating my blog, but I got side-tracked reading yours. Mine will be updated soon! The pictures of the anniversary were beautiful...and I totally hear ya on buying risk...NO THANKS! WE've been loving twister and I love the scarf! We will be using our felt board soon! THanks so much!~

Emily said...

I played Risk once with Dave and when I started winning he got mad and quit. I told him I would never play again and I haven't. :). Zoe can't stand scratchy clothes either, I have some really cute clothes in her closet that she's never worn. That looks like a really fun Christmas! I especially love Ivy's monkey, that is so cute.