Monday, April 13, 2009

The Letter M. What Letter Could be Better?

My sister-in-law, Stacy did a cool post and focused on one letter (F) and came up with words that describes her. I decided to take on that challenge and will participate. The letter she gave me was "M," so here goes...

Marriage: I have been married for almost a year and a half. I have the best husband for me...He will say the most RANDOM things ever at the most RANDOM times and I will just crack up. I was TERRIFIED to get married. I was terrified to be in a relationship...so I kept my distance. Scott was different then all the rest of the guys that I dated (cause I dated SOOO many. Kiddin...I was known for going out on blind dates, especially one year. It was awful). I never felt pressured to make a decision, it just happened. Looking back, I think, "Man, I sure did waste a lot of time worrying about marriage!" Scott has been so supportive of me and patient. I couldn't have asked for somebody better for me! I love being married...

Motherhood: Another one of those things that terrify me, intrigue me, excite me, motivate me, all at the same time. I know that once this baby comes, that a whole new wave of feelings and emotions will follow. I feel like September is SOOO far away, but also coming VERY fast. I guess because I have never BEEN a mom, it's normal to feel nervous and excited about it at the same time. I truly thought it would take us a long time to get prego cause it took my mom 6 years. But, I guess Heavenly Father is ready for us to start our family!

Meringue: I hate it! I love Lemon Meringue pie but ALWAYS scrape off the Meringue. I don't think there is anything more disgusting then whipped egg whites!

Money: Who doesn't want more of it? I never was a huge money person, I never really worried about it. Now that I am married, it's different. When there is another person involved with the managing of it, I realize how much betterI need to be at keeping track of things, starting a budget, etc. We have been planning a vacation for a couple of months now and I was talking to a friend about this. When we were single we would book a trip, buy something new (within reason), go out to lunch, etc without much thought. NOW, I think a lot more about where my money is going. I think twice about buying something just because it's "Cute," and this vacation would have been booked awhile ago, but we both are trying to make it as meaningful and exciting as possible, with the lowest cost possible. It has actually been fun searching around for the best deals possible. I think we have made a final decision about what we will be doing (Save that for a later post).

Munching: Ever since I can remember, I have ALWAYS been hungry. I often got made fun of because of the amounts of food I could put away and still stay the same size (of course that has slowly begun to change as age is starting to play a factor in the slowing down of the metabolism. And pregnancy). My senior year, day after Thanksgiving, my family was in Idaho. My sister, Chad, John, Travis, Brett, Hyrum, and I went to Big Judd's ( hamburger joint that makes 1 pound hamburgers! I know, gross) and me, Travis and Julie each ate the pounder! I remember one time in particular, our friends were helping us move into our new home (me, Cameron, Julie, Erin). Since they were so kind for moving our heavy furniture into our house (rented of course) we bought them pizza. I guess I was hungry and ate around 5 or 6 pieces. I was still eating when everyone else was finished. I then was called, "Hollow Leg." That was not a new name for me. I had been called that pretty much all my life. And the sad thing is, it is never the healthy food I go after. In high school I was known to go and buy 3 otis spunkenmeyer cookies (for $1) right after seminary (We had early morning seminary), or I would go to the "Candy Man's" classroom (A weird teacher at the HS) and buy a candy bar (around 8:00AM). I remember in 8th grade I had a french teacher who would ALWAYS eat her taco bell bean burrito during our class (I think I had a late lunch). No kiddin, my mouth was always watering and I almost always went and bought a been burrito for lunch. Since Scott and I are big eaters, we try and work together about not eating as much as we used to.

Manatee's: Supposedly these animals live around here in Florida, but I have STILL not seen one. I think I am obsessed with actually seeing a live Manatee out in the wild (Not in a Zoo Tiffany. Hehe).

Man Hands: Hahah, it's true. Im not gonna lie. I have big hands. Freshman Year of college, a song came out by Jewel and one of her songs talked about her hands being small (My hands are small I know...). My roommate (Jenny Hill...Peterson) dedicated that song to me. I was SO self conscious about my hands when I was younger. I was SUPER skinny so my hands just looked ginormous to me. My hands are just a tad bit smaller than Scott's, although his are prettier. Just like his older brother Greg, he as well, could be a hand model.

I could probably go on and on, BUT I will not. This post has for sure become long....I know you are sad to see it end. Maybe I will create another one some time with a new letter. Hope you enjoyed!

16 comments:

Lisa K said...

I'm jealous that you can eat all that food and not gain an ounce.

Boquinha said...

Awesome! Great post! I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing! :)

JonandLo said...

you crack me up!

Lovell Family said...

I also have man hands. But my view of them changed slightly when I was a senior in high school...a guy in my art class randomly told me that he thought my hands were really cool!

Lindsay said...

Haha, Lisa. I have NEVER been complimented on my hands. WAIT, I have...my grandparents used to tell me I had such long elegant fingers, perfect to play the piano. Too bad I quit piano for sports instead! Now I have big hands and they aren't good for anything! :)

OramHouse said...

the candy man, brings back memories... i miss the days of being able to eat that much (five kids RUINED my metabolism). i'm excited that you get to be a mom!
-Kaci

Shannon said...

This was fun to read! I know how you feel about the Man hands, girl. I think mine are bigger then Ryan's, just by a little bit though...but still bigger...grrr.

Mark said...

I love you and your man hands. But come on linds. really ?? Who can clap using only one hand. I think you know what I'm talking about.

OK, my two year old is asking me to spank her right now over and over. no joke. Gotta go.
jenny hill...peterson :))

Brandon and Katie said...

i wish i could eat and eat and not gain weight. if i eat ONE piece of candy i gain 200 pounds. no joke! haha how was the express? i can't remember what movie we rented but i'm sure i fell asleep so i couldn't tell you if it was good or not. :)

Cynthia Lovell said...

I don't know where you get all your insecurities!!! I always thought you were "Practically Perfect"!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, Jenny!! I TOTALLY forgot about being able to clap with one hand. I have not introduced that talent to the Floridians out here...I don't even know if Scott has seen it. I need to bring that back!

J Fo said...

Are you sure you didn't feel pressured to get married? Because I'm pretty sure that Greg would bring up the issue any time he saw you two. I had to tell him to back off!

I, too have slightly manish hands, but I have come to accept them. What really bothers me is how much prettier Greg's hands are than mine!

Lindsay said...

I am glad I am not alone in the "Man-Hand" world. Greg mentioned it twice..First time was relationship, second time we saw him was marriage. It was good though...he got us to open up about it. Hahah...oh the awkward moments caused by your husband!

Jennifer Lyn said...

That was a fun post. I never noticed your hands. Of course growing up, I always thought you were perfect. You were our 'model' cousin cuz your so georgous! :) I don't know if I was at Big Judd's that time, but I do remember being at Big Judds with all the cousins and Hyrum ate the 2 pounder! Yuck!

Lindsay said...

Oh gosh! Thanks Jen...You were probably there with us cause that is when Hyrum at the two pounder. I couldnt remember everyone that was there that night. I know Brett was too and he threw up just before Julie was finishing her last bite!! haha..

katie said...

you are so so so funny! i love how honest you are about everything. it is so refreshing. you will be happy to know that i did a little update on my blog. short and sweet posts, but at least it's something. 18 weeks to go!