Sunday, August 1, 2010

What Have We Been Doing?

Well I will tell you.
These pictures are totally out of order, but I have been getting grief from a certain family member (Lisa you know who you are :) ) to get a new post up. So here goes.
There is a cute little park with a stream that runs through. Juls and I met up with our friend Stasia and let our kids play in the water. Poor Ada was crawling all over the rocks and rubbed the skin off on part of her feet (Which the scab fell off at church today and I got blood on my sisters skirt!). Nevertheless, she had fun in the water and loved exploring.
The cement park was a highlight. Not so much for Ada, but for me. I was very hesitant going down the slide with Ada because I was not sure how fast it was going to be (AND I may have started becoming more of a wuss in my later years!). I did a test run (first without the cardboard under my bum) and decided that it was not too fast for us. I sat Ada on my lap and slid on down. I was expecting a scream of terror OR delight. Neither sound escaped her mouth. Ada was just there. So, I took her for a few rides and it just did not excite her. Maybe she was expecting more? Maybe not. Maybe it was just nap time and she was ready for me to stop trying to entertain.
Anna on the other hand LOVED the slide and kept going and going. That girl wore me out.
Scott was so nice to let me and Juls have a girls night with some friends. What his agreement included was watching a movie with a very sad 4 year old. Julie told Anna she could stay up and even sleep in Grandma and Grandpa's room. Scott was planning on staying with her till she fell asleep. His plan did not go over too well. Halfway through the movie after he had already dozed off once, Anna popped up and told Scott this was her new favorite movie (Chicken Run). She was totally wide awake. I texted him a couple of times around 9:30 and did not hear back. The above picture explains the reason why. He finally gave in and decided that she was not going to fall asleep any time soon.
Julie and I thought it would be fun to meet up with our very good friend Kathy. They were in the Bay Area visiting family so we found the halfway point and discovered that it was Jelly Belly Factory. Fun huh? Well, it was a lot of work and a lot of driving. However, I could never pass up an opportunity to see Kathy! I just hope they didn't get stuck in traffic on the way back with screaming babies in the car...we did!
On the tour
Ready to stuff our faces with booger and baby wipe flavor Jelly Bellys. Okay, we didn't try them, we got fudge samples instead! Mmmmm...
Wish we had more time!

One other thing that Scott and I got to do was go and see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. Scotts dad is a thespian (after working hours) and has acted in many plays. I have had the opportunity of seeing a couple of them. We had a blast. I don't have pictures to share, but we had fun watching Gary play Jacob and Potifer.

So that is basically it. Scott and I head back to Florida in a few weeks. We still have at least one more San Francisco visit, a camping trip and family time before we leave.

7 comments:

J Fo said...

It sure looks like you guys have been busy. What a fun summer!

Greg and Abbey said...

will you still be there in 2 weeks? we are planning on coming. i wanna meet that ada!

Amy Lovell said...

Looks like you're working hard at regaining "favorite aunt" status...well done!

Ellie said...

You forgot to mention that the biggest highlight of the summer has been watching the bachlorette! :)

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to pass along a Blogger award! Check it out at: http://ems-reviews-books.blogspot.com/

Lovell Family said...

It's about time! Looks like you're keeping busy and having fun....now how about you and julie start eating something before you waste away! :)

Jenny said...

So fun! I am loving Ada's little teeth! When are you coming down next? Don't forget the kidpack!!! I can't believe your time here is almost over- it flew by! No fair.